Positive Behavior Support Resources
To learn more about each component click on the title below…
- Avoiding Power Struggles
- Dealing Effectively with Difficult Situations
- Engaging Cooperation through Choice and Preference
- Engaging Siblings to Build Social Skills
- Establishing a Positive Family Structure
- Expanding Food Options for the Picky Eater
- Finding Common Ground: Working Together
- Getting Involved with PBS at Your Child’s School
- Helping Children Succeed at Things They’d Rather Not Do
- Keeping Children with Disabilities Safe in the Real Wold
- Let’s Get A Good Night’s Sleep
- Parenting with PBS
- Power of Prevention Heading Off Difficult Behavior
- Success on the Potty
- Time Out: Does it Work?
- What is ABA, Now Really?
- Article 0
- Association for Positive Behavior Support http://www.apbs.org
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports http://www.pbis.org
- Florida’s Positive Behavior Support Project http://www.flpbs.fmhi.usf.edu
- Kansas Institute on Positive Behavior Support http://www.kipbs.org
- Technical Assistance Center on Social Emotional In http://www.challengingbehavior.org
- Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions http://www.pbi.sagepub.com
- Bambara, L., Dunlap, G., & Schwartz, I. (Eds.) (2004). Positive behavior support : Critical articles on improving practice for individuals with severe disabilities. Austin, TX: PRO-ED.
- Carr, E. G., Levin, L., McConnachie, G., Carlson, J. I., Kemp, D. C., & Smith, C. E. (1994). Communication-based interventions for problem beha : A user’s guide for producing behavior change. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes.
- Crone, D. A., & Horner, R. H. (2003). Building positive behavior support systems in scho : Functional behavioral assessment. New York: Guildford Press.
- Hieneman, M., Childs, K., & Sergay, J. (2006). Parenting with Positive behavior support : A practical guide to resolving your child’s difficult behavior. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes.
- Koegel, L. K., Koegel, R. L., & Dunlap, G. (Eds.). (1996). Positive behavioral support : Including people with difficult behavior in the community. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes.
- Lucyshyn, J. M., Dunlap, G., & Albin, R. W. (2002). Families and positive behavior support. Baltimore : Paul H. Brookes
- O’Neill, R. E., Horner, R. H., Albin, R. W., Sprague, J. R., Storey, K., & Newton, J. S. (1997). Functional assessment and program development for : Brookes/Cole Publishing.
- Sailor, W., Dunlap, G, Sugai, G., & Horner, R. (2009). Handbook of Positive Behavior Support. Issues in C :